Thursday, January 20, 2011

It's Time to Find a Building!



Today is an exciting day as we moved forward on planting Golden Valley Baptist Church in Patterson. Today is the day that we begin looking for a place to hold services. My sending pastor (my dad), Pastor Robert Benefield, and I are travelling to the city of Patterson to gather information.

We will be looking at hotels, public schools, private schools, store fronts, and possibly the Spanish Baptist church pictured above. While in Patterson, we also plan to set up a P.O. Box for the church. Please pray for God's leadership as we make this vital step forward.

While I certainly have my dreams and ideals of where I would like to meet, I want to be exactly where God wants us to be. We are trying to make this decision as quickly as possible in order to list our service location on tracts and invitations that are being designed.

Check back on Friday when I will post the results of this trip and also the results of the trip to last week's church planting conference in Oklahoma.

Thank you to all of those who are praying! God is meeting needs!

3 comments:

  1. Very excited for you! Praying you have a great day and God gives clear direction regarding your meeting place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll be praying for you today. The Spanish church looks nice, but I know the Lord will give you the right place, wherever that is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Benefields! I found out about you via Bro. Riveiro's West Gate teen blog. What a lovely photo of you and your family. I can't believe how your son has grown!

    We'll be praying for your endeavors to plant a new gospel preaching church there in Cali.

    ReplyDelete